Minoxidil Reten Five 5% Topical Solution 30 ml
Minoxidil, applied topically, is widely used for the treatment of hair loss. It is effective in helping promote hair growth in both men and women with androgenic alopecia. About 40% of men experience hair regrowth after 3–6 months. Reten Five must be used indefinitely for continued support of existing hair follicles and the maintenance of any experienced hair regrowth.
The mechanism by which Reten Five promotes hair growth is not fully understood. Minoxidil is a potassium channel opener, causing hyperpolarization of cell membranes. Hypothetically, by widening blood vessels and opening potassium channels, it allows more oxygen, blood, and nutrients to the follicles. This may cause follicles in the telogen phase to shed, which are then replaced by thicker hairs in a new anagen phase. Tis product is a prodrug that is converted by sulfation via the sulfotransferase enzyme SULT1A1 to its active form, minoxidil sulfate. Several studies demonstrated that the activity of sulfotransferase in hair follicles predict minoxidil response in the treatment of hair loss.
Minoxidil is less effective when there is a large area of hair loss. In addition, its effectiveness has largely been demonstrated in younger men who have experienced hair loss for less than 5 years. Minoxidil use is indicated for central (vertex) hair loss only. Minoxidil is also a vasodilator. Two clinical studies are being conducted in the US for a medical device that may allow patients to determine if they are likely to benefit from minoxidil therapy
- May be harmful if used when pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with large amounts of cool tap water.
- Some people have experienced changes in hair color and/or texture.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Chest pain, rapid heartbeat, faintness, or dizziness occurs.
- Sudden, unexplained weight gain occurs.
Do not use if:
- Your hair loss is sudden and/or patchy.
- Your hair loss is associated with childbirth.
- You do not know the reason for your hair loss.
- You are under 18 years of age. Do not use on babies and children.
- Your scalp is red, inflamed, infected, irritated, or painful.
- You use other medicines on the scalp.
- Your hands or feet swell.
- Scalp irritation or redness occurs.
- Unwanted facial hair growth occurs.
- Ask a doctor before use if you have heart disease.
Package Contents: 30 ml of 5% Minoxidil Topical Solution in bottle with plastic applicator (dropper)
Active ingredient: Minoxidil 5 g in each 100 ml
Manufacturer: T.O. PHARMA CO. LTD., Bangkok, Thailand
Storage: Store at room temperature below 30°C, keep away from direct sunlight and do not refrigerate.
Find our other hair loss treatments here