Metronidazol Robaz gel 0.75%
Metronidazol Robaz gel ® (metronidazole 0.75%) belongs to the class antiprotozoal and antimicrobial agents and is intended for the treatment of rosacea:
- effective against papules-pustular inflammatory elements of rosacea;
- has anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic and antimicrobial properties;
- is active against many gram-negative aerobic microorganisms;
- concentration of 0.75% contributes to 2 times better penetration into the skin of metronidazole, compared to 1%, and reduces side effects;
- FDA – approved product.
The composition and release form:
gel for external use 30 g
metronidazole – 0.75 %
Excipients: purified water, methylparaben, propylparaben, propylene glycol, carbomer 940, disodium edetate.
- hypersensitivity to any component of the gel;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- skin lesions (wounds, burns, etc.).
Side effects of the preparation
Frequently: tingling, burning, itching, redness.
Since composition of gel include propylene glycol, methylparaben and propylparaben, there is the risk of allergic reactions (urticaria, allergic contact dermatitis).
If side effects are strongly expressed, consult a doctor.
Dosage and how to use:
Robaz-Rozex gel should always be used in accordance with the instructions of your doctor.
To properly use it, follow these steps:
- gently wash your face with a mild cleanser;
- apply a thin layer of gel on dry skin 2 times a day, morning and evening;
- if you feeling of tightness, use moisturizer. Also on the day, use sunscreen;
- after certainly wash your hands;
- the average duration of treatment is 3-4 months;
- a second course is possible only after consultation with your physician.
- it is important that the course of treatment a patient was held under supervision of a physician;
- keep the gel away from your nose, mouth or eyes. In case of contact, rinse with warm water;
- in the case of accidental swallowing of, contact a physician immediately;
- during treatment should use a sunscreen with SPF factor 15 or higher;
- if you burned, stop using the gel until your skin has healed;
- only your doctor can determine whether a treatment with this drug, the best option for you.